All the hunting vehicles used by Grand Safari are 4×4 pick-ups designed for off road use. They have mainly double cabs in South Africa for your comfort during transfers, and single cabs in the Tanzania bush for more packing space in the back. Grand Safari uses other vehicles for excursions, photographic safaris and some of the transfers.
Communication is done with radios on a private frequency, cellular phones, and satellite phones when needed. Turquoise Horizon cc trading as Grand Safari is registered with the South African Police Services for firearms. It means that Grand Safari can rent hunting firearms from caliber .22 to 458 LOTT. Rental arrangements must be made before your arrival. Grand Safari also has limited bush clothing that can be ordered in advance and put at your disposal on your arrival. Ask us for details. Grand Safari, a tailor made adventure.
It is always recommended to hunt with your own guns, and you will be able to do so at any of our destinations. We will provide you with the necessary forms, and we will take care of getting all African permits on your behalf. You will also need to show a US Customs form upon return to the US, obtained prior to leaving the US, listing the make, model, and serial number of your guns. We also have a limited number of rifles to rent in all our camps. Calibers will vary upon type of hunting to be done. This option has to be booked well in advance, contact us for details
In South Africa:
- SAKO rifle caliber 222 Remington fitted with Zeiss scope 3 – 9 x 40
- SAKO rifle caliber 300 WM fitted with Zeiss scope 3 – 9 x 40
- SAKO rifle caliber 375 H&H Magnum fitted with Schmidt & Bender scope 1,5 – 6 x 42
- Shotgun 12 gage with red lazer point
- Mauser rifle caliber 30.06 fitted with Swarovski scope
- Mauser rifle caliber 300 WM fitted with Leipold scope
- Karl Walter rifle caliber 375 H&H Mag. Fitted with Zeiss scope
- Blaser rifle caliber .416 Remington fitted with Schmidt & Bender scope